Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Movie of Me

coffee stain (see title)
listening to: "Hotel Costes" station on PANDORA

Do you ever see your life play out through the seconds in the day as a movie?  Washing tomatoes in the sink (the close up of the ripe, red fruit under the cascading water, the shot of you pushing your hair out of your face with the back of your hand, the "riiiiiip" of the paper towel, the "shiiink" of the knife, the close up of the guts spewing from each slice, the full length shot of you against the counter, leaning over to read a recipe on your laptop).

I totally had that moment the other night, and I don't know why I'm telling you.

Either way, something about that inspired me to give blogging another try.  I don't seem to have a lot of patience when it comes to following through on a new habit so this may be one of five posts... we'll see.

Anyway, your life is a movie.  Would you watch it?  Have you ever been able to really appreciate the little things that you do to a point where you could see yourself, well, watching yourself?  I was listening to this sexy lounge music station (think: cafe in Italy, skinny cigarettes, red lipstick on an espresso cup, love made when eyes meet), and it inadvertently put a little finesse in my step.  It made me sway just a little more to the right and time my sighs, my chops, and my grates along to the slow and sexual beat.  It's as if every move was falling into a choreographed routine for an audience of one, and I was watching a clip of myself chopping tomatoes.

It's these little, strange, and mildly embarrassing moments that remind us of how alive we are. 

1 comment: